Weight Tracker - watch the scale go DOWN!!!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

HCG P2 Cabbage n Cumin Recipe

So I have a new love in my life. He's spicy, he's exotic, he's foreign (although he's been in this country long enough that he's a native here too)

he....

is....

CUMIN!


Who knew? I've had this spice in my cupboard because I have one, only one dish that requires it. When I'm cooking off-recipe I sniff it and turn up my nose and put it back in the cabinet but no longer! Cumin has moved up in the world baby! I My spice cabinet has rows with the first row being the ones I use the most and the ones behind in alphabetical order. Cumin has literally moved up in the world to my first most-used row. I wish I'd discovered this sooner in P2 - it would have saved me some heartache and given my veggies more flavor.  I've been obsessing about it on cabbage. Here is my P2 cabbage recipe:

Chop up cabbage (amount depends on how much you need for your meal/calories but usually around 250 g)
Mix in to cabbage
  • 1tsp cumin,
  • 1tsp red pepper flakes and
  • ginger (if you use fresh i like to slice it and put it in the water that I"m steaming in - if not powdered is fine)
  • pinch of Himala salt (any will do, this is just my favorite)
If you do this in a pan then take some garlic and brown it in lemon juice. If you are microwaving in a steamer dish or bag then I just throw a little garlic in.

Steam 3-5 minutes (depending on how wilty you like your cabbage) then squeeze 2 lemon wedges on top.

YUM-O!

This is also really good with spinach leaves. I add coriander when I make this with spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment