Weight Tracker - watch the scale go DOWN!!!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

P2 friendly homemade ginger ale - YUM

I've been missing carbonation and so I've been experimenting with different items and fizzy water. My previous favorite was peach ice tea, 10 drops of Stevia and carbonated water...but now I'm replacing it with home made ginger ale. It's super simple!

You get fresh ginger and peel it - about 6 inch piece or so. You slice it pretty thin. In a small saucepan heat 2 cups of water and 2 tsp of liquid or powdered Stevia. After it is dissolved/mixed then add the sliced ginger. Simmer for about an hour. This makes a syrup that you then mix by the glass with seltzer water. YUM! Keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.

Had to share - it's good stuff. I'll probably heat longer next time to give more ginger bight - I really like the spiciness!

Oh! I almost forgot. I went to buy a George Forman grill today and ended up buying a different one (Calphalon - the George looked cool but felt rickety compared to the steel Calphalon)...anyway...made grilled chicken and grilled my asparagus and it was SOOO yummy. I miss grilling during the winter so this made me so happy. The asparagus were incredible. I doused them in lemon juice then rolled in Keltic salt and black pepper. Yum-O.

No comments:

Post a Comment