Weight Tracker - watch the scale go DOWN!!!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Back from CA a few pounds lighter and a lot clearer

So i had to go to California for work two weeks in a row so I decided to stay over the weekend. My partner came out and we celebrated my 38th birthday. We stayed in a hotel where we could cook our food, bought a cooler, packed our lunches and dinners and did really well on our diet. The only thing off diet was my birthday dinner we went to a restaurant. I ordered steamed crab and they put olive oil on it...didn't know that was going to happen. But I came home and had lost 5 lbs so that's not bad. It's been 24 days and I've lost 21 lbs. I'm very happy with that. I have a long way to go but I've learned so much. I've learned a lot about my relationship with food...how it is my tool to numb my emotions...and how I have to start feeling them through and dealing with them rather than feeding them. I'm finally ready for this change. I hate that it is coming in my late 30's but at least it is here.

So...I'm back from CA a few pounds lighter but with a much clearer understanding of myself, my goals, my strengths and where I can stumble again in the future. That's great start.

No comments:

Post a Comment