Weight Tracker - watch the scale go DOWN!!!

Monday, February 21, 2011

A new kind of measurement.

The scale is not my friend lately. I've been rockin along with this diet. Women average about .5lb daily and I averaged .96 up until I went to CA for work. Now I've hit a stall. I still lost 5 pounds in 10 days while travelling AND having my period so all that affects weight loss and I was happy with that. Yesterday I lost .6 so I thought it would catch up...but today I'm exactly the same as I was yesterday. I haven't cheated on this diet at all (except that accidental olive oil) so I hope this isn't a stall. It's really too soon to tell so I shouldn't be discouraged...I just don't have many days left on this round and I was hoping to be out of the 220's.

OK, let's refocus the mind here and look at this objectively. I started this diet at 249.8. I am not 228.6. I did this in 29 days and I have 14 left. I want to be 219.0 by the end of my round so that's totally within reason. Here are my inches lost:

Arm: 3.0
Bust: 2.8
Waist: 4.0 - WOW!!!
Hips: 2.0
Thigh: 2.2

OK, that no loss this morning isn't the end of the world. Just keep going. This process works and I've learned so much. Some time I need to sit down and write about all I've learned about me and food and even my relationship and food. We are learning to enable each other in the good way - which is vital for keeping this weight off!

Let's quote Dr. MLK and look at the word "Measure" with a double meaning to help keep me focused this morning:

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

This weight represents how I've stood for my challenges in the past - I've fed them...now it's time to measure in a new way.

No comments:

Post a Comment