Weight Tracker - watch the scale go DOWN!!!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What kind of sacrifice do you offer the scale gods?


Last night I prayed to the scale gods to be kind to me and this morning I am down another pound. Woo hoo! This leads me to wonder...what kind of offering do you give the scale gods when they answer your petition?

Norse folklore tells of the ritual of sacrificing your first born son...um clearly that's not going to happen...

Mexican folklore talks about providing food at tha altar of the god to appease and thank it...but since we're talking about a scale that seems counterproductive...

Biblical offerings were done by burning something...which is totally against the firecode...or by slaughtering animals...I don't think my dogs would appreciate that very much...

Judaism talks about "first fruit" offerings, which used to be literally the first part of your harvest and then as professions progressed it became the first part of your earnings (now tithing in the protestant churches)...so I could certainly leave stacks of money for my scale but is bribery really the way to go? And if it were would money be what the scale wanted???

That leaves me the question of what does the scale really want? What would cause it to be kind to me today (besides the fact that I may have actually lost the pound and this has nothing to do with my pleading bed-time blog)?

I did offer to keep it in fresh batteries and that seems important to a scale. I did neglect it for a while, being on business travel for 10 days...perhaps the scale punished me for my neglect (after all how would it differentiate between me being there and not...scales do not have eyes) and is now rewarding me for stepping on it more consistently several days in a row.

So I shall give it a nice gift of rechargeable batteries and attention and we'll see how that goes. Maybe a name. All my other appliances have names...my scale needs a name. Hmmmm....what should that name be? That shall be another blog once I've come up with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment